Register Saved Properties


How do I find the right and most trustworthy estate agency?

Honesty is always the best policy when it comes to successfully selling or letting a property in tough market conditions.

You should always take into account all aspects of the process of our work and because we look at the whole picture, we always offer a realistic appraisal to both landlords, potential buyers and tenants.

People appreciate our honesty and because of this many more clients are choosing us to sell or let their properties. They know that we will give them an assessment based on the facts, not just on what they might want to hear.

What is the forecast of the property industry and how to see the future of it?
In PK Sales and Lettings, we really believe that the future lies with estate agents who can go the extra mile. The property market is extremely competitive and both buyers and sellers are selecting agents with far greater care and discretion than ever before.

They realise that the right agent will get the results they want and because of this everyone in the industry is having to step up a gear.

We are successful because not only do we offer additional services, but we are honest and realistic. Our goal is always to achieve the best outcome for both seller and buyer and we rarely fail to do this.

The future of the property industry is very bright, if only you have the right people on your side.

I am looking for a financial advisor regarding to Mortgages, Insurance, Bridging Loan or Secured loan. Where is the best place for seeking advice and get the best service?
PK Sales and Lettings can recommend a good financial adviser that is regulated and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority and we will tell you if we are earning a fee for the introduction.

What is the best strategy to sell my property?
There is no point in overpricing a property. It will not attract buyers and will be languishing on the market for months on end. Far better to present the facts as they are and ensure a property sells for the best price it can.

When is the best time to sell my property?
We are fortunate that we are part of a large network so PK Sales and Lettings can recommend a financial adviser who can secure a mortgage for our buyers and we will tell you if we are earning a fee for the introduction.

We can also offer up-to-the-minute local advice which is a huge bonus and can make all the difference when trying to secure a dream property.

How can you calculate a monthly rental payment?
The best way to work out the monthly rental payment for a property is to multiply the weekly rent by 52 and divide the total by 12.

What is the Tenant Deposit Protection Scheme?
Your deposit will be protected by the Tenancy Deposit Protection Scheme.

In line with legislation introduced in April 2007 all deposits being paid by a tenant for an Assured Shorthold Tenancy deposit must be registered with a recognised deposit protection scheme within 30 days.

What references do I need as a tenant?
For a long term let, you will be ask for your Photo ID (Passport or Driving licence) previous landlord’s references, payslip, bank statement and/or character references. In some cases you may need a guarantor to provide documents.

For short term let, you will need to provide 2 proof of address and an national photo ID.

What is Deposit and how to calculate it?
Your landlord will most likely ask you for a deposit as security to cover any damage, theft, unpaid bills or rent arrears at the end of the tenancy.

The amount of deposit is normally equal to 6 weeks rent and your agent should acknowledge you about the exact amount.

The statement of tenancy terms should contain information about the amount and return of your deposit. Make sure you get a receipt for the deposit.

What is Deposit Scheme?
If you are finding it difficult to get a deposit you may wish to consider getting support from a  Deposit Scheme. There are certain organisations who are providing this list. Contact us for more information.

What is an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement?
The Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement is a legal contract between you and your landlord which is provided by the agent. The agreement sets out the terms and conditions of the tenancy, such as the rent, the length of the tenancy, repair responsibilities, the amount and reason for the deposit, when the landlord can enter the property and any conditions and restrictions on the use of the property.

Make sure you read the agreement carefully and that you understand and agree with the terms and conditions before you sign it.

What is a Guarantor?
Guarantor is the person who guarantee rent payments and other tenancy obligations in both residential and commercial property lettings. In other word, Guarantor is the landlord’s insurance policy against tenants default. He pays the landlord the rent if the tenant defaults, and he pays the landlord his losses, expenses or damages where the tenant fails to carry out his obligations under the lease.

We may ask for a Guarantor if the tenant has a low credit score.

With commercial tenancies it is also common for a guarantor to be required. Similar reasons apply here as with residential lettings, but we may ask the directors of the company to act as guarantors for the company, where the company is the tenant. Guarantors should be referenced just as would a prospective tenant.

The Guarantor would usually need to be a home owner with steady long-term employment if she/he is to satisfy the requirements of a good credit score to become a guarantor. Parents of young people or students are often asked to guarantee their children’s rent.

Who is responsible for contacting the utility companies after I move in?
Tenants are responsible for contacting the utility companies directly after moving into the property and also when they leave, taking care of providing meter readings at the end of the tenancy.

What is an inventory and how does it work?
An inventory should be given the same importance as the tenancy agreement.. Before you move in, your agent should have made a list of all furniture and appliances and noted details of the condition of the property, furniture, fixtures and fittings.

Make sure you get a copy of the agreed inventory, dated and signed by you and your agent. You should consider taking dated photographs of each room so that if you move furniture you can put it back to its original location. You will also have photographic evidence of the condition of the furniture and fittings at the start of your tenancy.

A properly drawn-up inventory, agreed between you and your agent, will help avoid disputes during and at the end of your tenancy, particularly over the return of your deposit.

In PK Sales and Lettings Ltd, we take all of the inventory process with the highest priority before your moving in. Your inventory checklist will be provided with pictures and full details .

How do I pay rent?
For long lets you will be asked to set up a monthly standing order with your bank.

For short lets you will need to pay the rent in full prior to the commencement of your tenancy.

When will the rent leave my account?
Generally rent is paid by a standing order mandate and will leave your account 3 days prior to the rental due date in order to be in the recipients account on the due date (The due date is typically, although not always, the date on which you moved in).

What happens if my rent is paid late?
Any problems with rental payments, that may result in late payment, should be conveyed to PK Sales and Lettings Ltd. Arrears letters (for which you will be charged) will be issued if rent remains outstanding beyond 5 days after it was due. Interest will be charged until payment is made.

If I have any problems during my tenancy who do I speak to?
If your property is managed by PK Sales and Lettings Ltd please call 02077292121 or email your enquiry to If your property is not managed by us, please contact your landlord or the appointed property management company by the landlord which is mentioned in your contract.

Can landlord or agent come to my property during the tenancy?
A landlord or letting agency is legally obliged to give you at least 24 hours notice should they wish to enter  your rental property. If for any reason any one wants to visit your property, we will contact you directly.

How will my payments cease at the end of my tenancy?
You should contact your bank directly to cancel your standing order once the last payment has left your account.

What expenditure should I expect at the end of the tenancy?
As an outgoing tenant typically your costs will be associated with professional cleaning and the inventory check out. Any discrepancies between the check in and check out may result in deductions from your deposit.

When is my deposit returned to me?
Once the check-out has been conducted, the property has been cleaned to a satisfactory standard and PK Sales and Lettings Ltd has received instructions regarding the deposit from the landlord, the money will be returned to your account, less any agreed deductions.

This typically takes 10 working days and generally no more than 28 days.

How do I renew my contract after the first year?
You should inform us 60 days prior to the end of your tenancy to allow enough time to arrange all the related administration.

I am a landlord. Simply tell me What are section 8 and section 21 notice and what are the differences? Which one should I serve?
Under section 21, (once the initial fixed term of the tenancy has expired) the tenancy can be terminated by giving the tenant not less than 2 months’ written notice. Essentially it allows a landlord to evict a tenant without needing to give a reason or justify the decision to evict. It is therefore the best route if a landlord wants possession in order, say, to let the property to someone else or to sell the property.

Section 8 is the appropriate section to use when the tenant has broken a term (or terms) of the tenancy agreement, e.g. to pay rent. In fact, most evictions through the section 8 procedure are due to non-payment of rent.The first step is for a notice to be served on the tenant, seeking possession.

From what is said above, you need to decide what is more important to you. Is your priority obtaining possession of the premises quickly, with your secondary concern being recovery of the outstanding rent. If so, section 21 would be the more appropriate route to follow.

If your greater concern is to recover the rent arrears while possession of the property is a secondary consideration, perhaps the section 8 route would be the better.

If I want to serve notice to vacate my property what should I do?
Notice would need to be served in accordance with your particular lease agreement by recorded delivery to PK Sales and Lettings Ltd office. The agreement should always be referenced.

Where is the best place to get more information about property services?
You can always contact our professional team to help you with any questions about residential or commercial property. Also you can seek for advice from your local council or Citizens Advice Bureau.

I still have not got my answer. What should I do?
Our professional team is more than happy to answer all of your questions regarding to property industry. Please give us a call on 02077292121 or email us .